Saturday, May 29, 2021

A Quiet Wesak


As I am writing this, it is 6 p.m. on Wesak evening and if there had been no pandemic, I would be rushing with my cousins to witness the Wesak procession.  We would position ourselves at the junction of Pangkor Road and wait patiently for the colourful floats to pass by.  Amazingly, every year the weather was fine and there was no fear of being drenched in a downpour.  The crowd would thicken bit by bit and we would be jostled here and there by people trying to get a better view of the procession.  It was so much fun cheering on the participants, both students and adults from various schools and Buddhist associations as they filed past.  Alas, all we have now are photos of the "good old days" and as I was looking through my pictures, I couldn't help but feel a tinge of nostalgia.  Let me share with you a few photos I took in the past.













May the blessings of the Lord Buddha enrich our lives with love, peace and wisdom.

Sadhu!  Sadhu!  Sadhu!


No comments:

Post a Comment