Thursday, June 17, 2021

No Dumplings This Year


 It must have been very disappointing this year for the Patriotic Poet to find the Duan Wu Jie festival being celebrated on a low key due to the MCO.  With the flurry to get vaccinated and all things related, I must confess I completely forgot  about this festival until the day itself when I received several Happy Dragon Boat Festival wishes over WhatsApp.  If my mum were alive today, I would have been ticked off for my negligence!  Of course I also forgot about the do's and don'ts for this special day.  This is also probably the first time I haven't eaten a rice dumpling for this festival!  

Oh well, there's always next year and hopefully this time I will be able to receive the Patriotic Poet with open arms and a bundle of delicious rice dumplings!


Flashback - rice dumplings
for worship on my altar, can't remember which year


No comments:

Post a Comment