Monday, September 17, 2018

Light Up Your Life!






The Mid-Autumn Festival is just round the corner (24 September) and I've been busy taking snaps of the colourful festival lanterns on sale.  So far I've seen only two shops selling them, one in town and one near home.  These pretty lanterns cost from RM8 depending on the size and the popular designs are the hen, bird and fish though there is a sprinkling of "modern" designs like sports cars and rockets. They remind me so much of my childhood days and the fun I had with my sisters and cousins running around with our lit lanterns! Unfortunately traditional lanterns are fast becoming a rarity and are being replaced by inflated plastic lanterns depicting cartoon characters and such like which is the fad among young children nowadays. A real pity indeed.

Well, as they say, we have to march with the times, but whatever age you are, so long as you're still young at heart, buy a lantern and light up your life!

A gay profusion of lanterns

No comments:

Post a Comment