Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Wet Saturday

Yes, it is a wet Saturday morning but I am thankful that I am able to wake up to the pitter patter of rain on my window and see it lashing outside. I am also happy that it is a Saturday, so people need not go to work in the pouring rain.

Since I am up, I recite my daily morning prayer. I am grateful to John T. Baker for sharing it.

Dear Lord
I am proud to say, so far today
I've got along all right,
I have not gossiped, whined or bragged,
Or had a single fight.
I haven't lost my temper once,
Or criticized my mate,
I have not lied, I have not cried,
Or loudly cursed my fate.
So far today I've not one time
Been grumpy or morose,
I've not been spiteful, cold or vain,
Self-centred or verbose.
But, Lord, I'm going to need Your help
Throughout the hours ahead,
So give me strength, dear Lord, for now
I'm getting out of bed.

But it's still raining. There's nothing to do or anywhere to go. I am snuggling back under my blanket. Wake me when the rain stops.

1 comment: