Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thank you, God, for the Rain

It has been raining for the past week. This morning it rained again. I sat up in bed and said, "Thank you, God, for the rain." My friend thinks I'm nuts. After a week of traffic jams and half-dried clothes, she is literally begging for the sun to come out.

There are of course pros and cons to everything but it helps if one looks on the bright side on a dismal day.

For a start, rain water is free. I don't have to water my plants or wash my car. God is doing these chores for me and I'm saving on my water bill.

It is filling our reservoirs and we need not fear facing water shortage in the near future.

It is also helping umbrella makers do a brisk business and watering the crops for farmers.

I'm also saving on my petrol bill as the rain makes it difficult for me to go out.

Rain also clears the haze and makes the air healthier for us to breathe.

Most important, it keeps people indoors and helps prevent the spread of flu.

And rain is a good excuse if there's anything you're supposed to do but don't feel like doing!

But my friend is still not convinced. It is difficult to please everyone and I wouldn't want to be in God's shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment