Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's That Time of the Year Again!

It's that time of the year again! You know what I mean - New Year resolutions, New Year wishes and what have you. I have not been known to make New Year resolutions mainly because I forget all about them even before the first day of the new year is through! To me, it's a useless and time wasting exercise. It takes a lot of guts, not to mention hard work, to resolve to do something and carry it out, that's why I prefer to dream - it's so much easier and I don't have to make any promises to anyone, not even myself!


My first dream ... that my teeth will never go bad. I've had my share of toothaches and swollen gums, antibiotics and painful extractions. Enough is enough. The Tooth Fairy had better take serious note of this.


Secondly... that people would stop destroying the earth. There has been a lot of say about preserving a "green" environment for posterity but sadly it looks like they will never be able to see a single green shoot in the years to come. Brave attempts to "rescue" the earth have been rather slow and not always successful. How can anything be successful without the co-operation of all concerned?

Lately, due to a more relaxed lifestyle, I have put on some (only "some") weight and my dream is to have back my schoolgirl figure when everything I bought fitted me to a T. Now I resemble a tree trunk and buying clothes off the rack gives me instant depression. I have to go for XXL size or have the dress altered to fit me. Sigh! It is not an impossible dream to lose weight but I am reluctant to give up my cakes and ice cream....


Another dream ... separate lanes or flyovers for motorcyclists so that we motorists can drive in peace. To me, they're a menace. They always zoom out suddenly from nowhere and swerve in and out of the traffic. They also have a bad habit of parking right in front of my car so that it takes all my skill and energy to get it out of the parking lot especially when there's a car behind me. If only they would be more civilised and courteous ...


Alas, a wistful dream ... to go to the North Pole to see those wonderful "paintings in the sky" (aurora borealis) but it looks like it's going to remain a dream.


A down-to-earth dream - to be happy, fit and strong to do whatever it is that I am destined to do (who knows I may be climbing a mountain at the age of 70!).


And oh yes, I love to be in the countryside amidst trees and flowers ... perhaps a little house on a tree top one day....


Dreams, dreams, dreams .... I don't want to bore you with my inexhaustible list of dreams. Good luck to all fellow dreamers out there! I hope your dreams will come true one day as I hope mine will!



No comments:

Post a Comment