Saturday, January 30, 2010

An Evening with Nature

I pass this small park almost everyday on my way to Pulau Tikus village. It has a few stone benches, a couple of swings and wonderful big trees on all four sides of it. I had often thought of stopping my car and taking a leisurely stroll through it one day and this evening, I finally did.



The park was covered with brown leaves which had dropped from the surrounding trees. A man and his little son were playing ball and were later joined by the boy's mother. One man was walking his dog but soon left. He had probably come earlier. I decided to walk at least four rounds of the park, for the exercise more than anything else. My feet crushed crispy brown leaves as I walked. Once in a while I avoided old tree roots that had popped up from the ground.



After about 15 minutes' walk, I sat down on one of the stone benches and looked up at the trees towering above me. They were beautiful and must be quite old. Their upstretched branches concealed most of the sky, blocking out the sun and making it less hot for strollers. I wished I had come here sooner. I liked it as the place was quiet and free from the usual crowd of joggers. The only snag is there is a school nearby and the area is invaded by school buses and cars during weekdays.



Nevertheless, I told myself I should come here more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment