Friday, January 30, 2015

My Favourite CNY Cookie

Every CNY, I look forward to buying Kuih Bangkit.  Made from arrowroot flour and baked in the shape of animals, birds, fruits and flowers, they are simply scrumptious.  Put one in your mouth and it melts away, leaving you asking for more!

I usually buy mine from a Chinese family in P.T. who have been making this kuih for years.  Although a little more expensive than the ones you find in the market, they're worth the extra ringgit or two.  I paid a visit to the lady making these kuih recently.  She was in the process of making more Kuih Bangkit and was quite happy to let me take photographs!  Her range of kuih includes other favourites such as Kuih Kapit (love letters), pineapple tarts, groundnut cookies and lots more.

If you want to try making your own Nonya cookies, there are plenty of recipes available in the net.  For me, it's always the easy way out ... just buy and eat!


Kuih Bankit ready for baking


Wooden moulds with various motifs



Mouthwatering cookies for sale

No comments:

Post a Comment