Saturday, January 25, 2020

Ready for Worship



It was a busy morning today (Chinese New Year eve).  Since Mum went to Heaven six years ago, I had taken over the responsibility of organising the items for worship at home in preparation for the new year.  Keeping in mind what Mum taught me, I chose fruits and kueh which have "good" meanings such as pineapple, oranges, "huat kuah" and "nian gao".  In her days, Mum would make starch to stick on the decorations and it was really messy.  Fortunately decorations now come as stickers, so I was spared a lot of time consuming work and it didn't take me long to complete the job.  All these items will be placed on the altar later in the evening.  This custom is called "Tek Nee" in Hokkien.

  Oh I also didn't forget to put my inverted "Fu" characters on my front door to receive the good fortune pouring out from them as I pass through!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!


A glimpse of my hard work - haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment