Friday, August 30, 2019

"Made with Love"



While on a recent de-cluttering exercise, I came across this old straw basket in one of my cupboards.  When I opened it, I was delighted to find an assortment of baby clothes, booties and children's dresses!  I had forgotten that Mum had kept the basket there and it had gone undiscovered until now. Looking at its contents, I realised how lucky my sis and I had been!  So many lovely clothes for us to wear when we were kids! Some of the clothes had smocking and embroidery and were all very well made by our tailor of the old days.  The workmanship was excellent, something you wouldn't be able to see nowadays. 




I was also delighted to find our old knitted coatees (above) which we wore when we were babes.  Mum had been a very good knitter and was able to do various patterns in various colours.  Those little booties also came in lovely patterns and colour combinations.



And it was with misty eyes when I saw the cloth booties (above) which Mum had also sewn for our little feet.  How much time she must have spent to knit and sew all this for us!

Thanks, Mum and if anyone were to give a label for your beautiful creations, it would be "Made with Love" - a love that is unconditional and selfless like yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment