Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Never Ending Stress

Mum's ill and I've never seen her look so weak and vulnerable.  After four nights in hospital suffering from "stress ulcer", she is sleeping soundly at last.  It came on suddenly but we should have guessed when she lost her appetite, felt depressed and was agitated and restless all the time.  I've never known Mum to be a victim of stress - it was always the other way round!  But lately (and to cut a long story short), she had been having problems with her dialysis which caused her much pain and misery and this is probably the end result.

I had many anxious nights especially when she was moved to the HDU (High Dependency Unit).   The nurses there must have been rather annoyed with my frequent calls from home asking how she is!

Tonight is the sixth night of her hospital stay and though she has not fully recovered, she is eating better and is more of her "old self".  This evening after a phone call to my maid who is staying with her in the hospital, I was told she had enjoyed her dinner, especially the jelly, and that she is already fast asleep.

Well, another day tomorrow and hopefully she will improve further.  Mum is not one to let this or any bug get in her way.  She is a fighter and I know she plans to walk out of the hospital soon, even if she has to carry her drip with her!



No comments:

Post a Comment