Monday, May 12, 2014

A Day of Mixed Feelings

I woke up today with mixed feelings.  May 12th has become a day with so many memories.  Firstly it was the day Mum passed away last year, it was also Mother's Day last year - I had wanted to give Mum a bouquet of roses but she never woke up from her sleep ... and it's also my birthday. 

So many sad memories ... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but I told myself I didn't want to be sad.

I thought about what Mum would have liked to do on this day - she had always loved to have fun and make people happy.


So I got up, went to the nearest cake shop and 
bought a nice cake - one with lots of strawberries and cream (pic) and a pretty purple ribbon.  I asked the girl to fix the "Happy Mother's Day" decoration on top.  I'm a day late, but it doesn't really matter.

Then I went to a home for old people and gave it to them.  They were happy, so was I and I'm sure Mum was also happy.  I could almost see her looking down from above and giving me the "thumbs up".

As for me, this is the best birthday celebration I've had in recent years!  Many happy returns to me!!




No comments:

Post a Comment