Thursday, September 14, 2023

The Beauty of Nature

 







It was a cool, crisp morning and having heard that the water lilies are in bloom at the Botanical Gardens, I decided to take a look and I was not disappointed. As I stepped onto the little walkway leading to the ponds (bottom left pic), it reminded me of a runway for small planes and I felt like I was about to take off into the skies! It was simply exhilarating! The pink and white water lilies are indeed lovely and so are a few lotus flowers growing in the ponds. The giant water lily pads, which are some 3 meters across, simply took my breath away.  I wondered whether they would bear my weight if I were to sit down on one of them!

I then took a walk in the gardens, crossed a little bridge over a bubbling stream and followed a path which meandered its way around the trees and shrubs.  I later sat under a tree facing the ponds, enjoying the towering green hills in front of me.  In one corner, I spotted a young girl under a tree (bottom right pic), she seemed to blend so well into the surroundings.  

As I sat there, I felt a sense of awe and wonder at the grandeur and majesty of Mother Nature.  I left  the gardens quite reluctantly but with the determination to return another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment