Saturday, August 4, 2012

Never Ending Stress - 5

Mum was discharged a few days ago. She was having a nap when it was time to "check out" and as we wheeled her out of her room, she bid a sleepy farewell to the nurses.  They said they were sorry to see her leave but frankly I hoped we wouldn't have to see them again!!  Of course she still has to return to the hospital for her dialysis sessions, so that's why I say the stress never ends!.

A few days before, I had bought her a bed similar to what they use in hospitals. The top part can be wound up so that she can sit up in bed to eat or read and there are rails on each side of the bed so that she won't fall out. It works quite well and she seems to be quite happy with it.

The last two or three weeks have been exhausting.  As I climb wearily into bed each night, I thank God for giving me the strength and energy to see me through each day.  I also thank Him that Mum is sleeping like a baby in her new bed ... may she always be blessed with beautiful dreams ... beautiful memories ...


"Life should be measured not by the number of years
but rather by the love shared,
the memories made, the joy given,
the blessings received."



No comments:

Post a Comment