Sunday, January 13, 2013

Every Cloud has a Silver Lining

As I write this, we are in the 13th day of the new year.  I am not one for making resolutions because I believe that if anything has to be done, just do it!  I am keeping a positive outlook for this year and even though things may not have started off on the right foot, I take it as God's plan to keep me busy!

Example ... Mum had to have her "catheter" - a ghastly little "gadget" which they use for dialysis (I can't think of any other word to call it)  - replaced because it had moved out of position.  We got up at 6.30 a.m. as we were told to be at the hospital by 8 a.m.  Mum was admitted to Day Care but it was full, so had to take a bed in one of the neighbouring wards.  The procedure took only 25 minutes or so and she had time to catch up on her sleep after it was done.  My maid, bless her (this is a new one, by the way) cooked "char koay teow" at the crack of dawn so that we could have a mid morning snack at the hospital.  We also came armed with biscuits and drinks for Mum - she had a few bites and went back to sleep. It was about 2.30 p.m. when we left the hospital.


You could say it wasn't a pleasant start to the new year but then again, if I think positive, things could have been worse!  I have learnt that things don't always work out the way we plan but every cloud has a silver lining, so I am remaining optimistic and looking forward to more showers of grace and blessings!


Have a good and safe year everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment