Thursday, August 6, 2015

Colourful Clogs




I was in town today and happened to drive past a shop selling wooden clogs.  I haven't seen many of these colourful clogs for a long time and was surprised to find them on sale here.  They reminded me of the time when Mum used to wear them.  Clogs in those days were much used in the house because they were sturdy and durable and would not slip when used on a wet surface..  Mum would wear them whenever she went into the bathroom or in the compound behind the house.  She would choose those with a red base with a matching red plastic band on top.  Sometimes the clogs came with a floral design on the base.  I also had a pair to wear but I found them so noisy and cumbersome!  With the advent of modern shoes, clogs have gradually faded from the market and they have now become more or less a souvenir item for tourists!


No comments:

Post a Comment