Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's Not Goodbye, Mum - 5

Our rice dumplings ready for prayer
Mum, today, 12th June is the Festival of the Patriotic Poet - I'm sure you remember this annual event.  Well, don't worry, I've got everything organised - I bought the rice dumplings from our favourite vegetarian shop the day before yesterday and today, they're all placed at our altar for prayer, just the way you used to do it.  I've taken a few pics to show you.

Rice dumplings at our altar for Kuan Yin and Baba
I also went to the Phor Tay temple to offer prayers and to say "Hello" to you.  Efficient as usual, the temple had all the offerings ready when I arrived.  There was quite a crowd.


Oh, I met Aunty J.S. and also saw your old friend, the Head Nun. She recently had a fall but has recovered quite well.  When I greeted her, she told me she was very sad to hear that you had left us.  I thanked her for her condolences, she really is quite a sweet person.

It's been a month since you left us, Mum.  Time has really sped by .. sometimes I wish it were all a dream ...   it will be a long, lonely road for me from now on but I know you will be watching my every step and blessing me with your great love and courage.  How fortunate I am to have been your daughter!  Thank you, Mum!

All my love....

Memories are made of bliss - my favourite picture of you and I

No comments:

Post a Comment