Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's Not Goodbye, Mum - 4

Mum, it rained very heavily this morning and whenever it rains, I remember what you always said ...that you felt sorry for those hawkers who sell food in the open because their business would be affected.

Just like you, Mum to be so concerned about others. Of course you also worried when I was caught in the rain when coming back from work - I would call you on my hand phone while stuck in the middle of a long line of cars and tell you where I was so that you would not worry!

Aah yes, the days when I was working ... you would walk out to the junction of the road and wait there for my car to come along after I finish work.  It was such a nice surprise to see you standing there!  I would stop, pick you up and take you home, even though it was just round the corner!  Perhaps you were pretty lonely and couldn't wait for me to come home  ... I shall always treasure these evenings, Mum.  You were my greatest teacher - a teacher of love and compassion.  You were the friend I needed, a mother everybody would want.  Oh how I miss you!


Straits Quay - May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment