Friday, January 28, 2022

Another New Year

 


MAY THE YEAR OF THE TIGER BRING YOU 
GOOD HEALTH, GOOD LUCK AND PROSPERITY

Yes, another new year is round the corner!  Usually before the first day, I would be out scouting the wet markets to take pictures of flowers and beautifully decorated fruits, new year decorations and so on.  Unfortunately this year I am not brave enough to venture out, so I have to be content with keeping everything simple and limiting my new year shopping.  If Mum were around, I think she would still carry on regardless of Delta or Omicron - everything must be ship shape for the new year especially items for prayers!  

I finally made a trip this morning to my usual veg outlet in search of CNY cookies.  I went at around 8 a.m. to avoid the crowd and was relieved that there were only two or three customers.  I was delighted to find that the shop had a wide variety of cookies all neatly displayed and after browsing, I settled for a few to give relatives and to munch myself!  I also could not resist some Nonya kueh and jelly! I should really social distance myself from all these goodies, too much sugar + too little exercise = excess weight!  But it's the CNY and every reason to celebrate and pamper myself! 

Having said this, let me wish you an enjoyable and meaningful reunion dinner and a happy and healthy new year. Let off a few crackers if you must but don't throw caution to the winds - remember, the battle with Covid is not over yet... 




GONG ZI FA CAI!


No comments:

Post a Comment